Professional Community Policies
Effective April 2019
The Society of British and International Design (SBID) is the professional body registered in the UK to accredit professionals in interior design. SBIDPro is a resource to help members source products, register for events, access educational material and interact with other SBID professionals.
SBID has put in place these Professional Community Policies outlining the activities that are acceptable on the Services, and what is inappropriate and may be stopped by SBID. These rules are intended to provide guidance and restrictions governing your use of, and participation in, our Services.
- Be Authentic. Unlike some other online services, our members need to be real people, who provide their real names and accurate information about themselves. It is not okay to provide misleading information about yourself or your qualifications, work experience, affiliations, or achievements on our Services.
- Be Professional. We acknowledge the value of discussions around professional activities and ask our members to behave professionally by not being dishonest or inappropriate. When creating content on the Services, we ask that you follow our Codes of Conduct and keep your content professional, relevant, and on-topic. Do not share false information or use the Services to shock or intimidate others. And it is not okay to share graphic, obscene, or pornographic content on the Services.
- Be Polite. We strive to maintain a safe and friendly community for our members. The Services shouldn’t be used to harm others or their career or business prospects or to air personal grievances and disputes. It is not okay to use the Services to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcome communications to people (e.g., romantic advances, sexually explicit content, junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). We do not allow hate speech acts like attacking people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political or religious affiliations, or medical or physical condition. Also, hate groups, terrorists, and those who engage in violent crimes are not permitted on the Services.
- Respect Others’ Rights and Follow the Law. Before sharing or using someone else’s copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, please make sure you have the legal right to do so. The Services should not be used for illegal activities, promoting illegal products or to violate the rights of others. Don’t use the Services to commit fraud or to try to trick others. Also, don’t use the Services to intentionally distribute viruses, worms or other software that can destroy or interrupt others’ data or computer devices.
- Respect SBID’s Rights. Don’t violate the rights of SBID. You can find more information about what this means in our terms & conditions. It is also not okay to suggest that you are affiliated with or endorsed by SBID when you are not. Do not violate our intellectual property rights, scrape the Services, or interfere with or disrupt the Services.